Translate

Sunday, March 18, 2012

So what the heck has happened to the Blogger!

Sunday March 18, 2012

Okay…I have just been tired of blogging….I admit it…but it is time to catch up. 

We took a ride with Sam and Rita on Tuesday and since then not too much has been going on.  However, I haven’t even posted a blog about the ride on Tuesday to Cosala so I will do that but it will be out of order….as in…before this post.

Today is Sunday and it is Benito Juarez day weekend holiday and it is busy in town.  Tonight we went (for the first time) to Fat Fish for dinner with a group from the park.  Two for one drinks from 5 to 6 and two for one dinners as well.  Eric had fish…I had ribs…we were both full and the cost with a tip was 220 pesos just over $16….good food…good price and home by 7pm.  How retired is that!  Usually you have to be at Fat Fish early so you don’t have to wait in line but although the streets were busy, busy the restaurant wasn’t. 

P1020600

Everyone chowing down.  Sorry Sharen…I think you had your mouth full when I took this. 

P1020601

That’s my plate of ribs waiting for me to eat!

Now, between last Tuesday and today which is Sunday nothing huge happened.  On Wednesday we were both exhausted from the ride on Tuesday so …a down day.

Thursday the 15th was a busy day for me.  Off to the tents which are next to my hairdresser for a little more shopping.  Once again, nice stuff for a reasonable price.  Then it was time for toes and hair.  It's always fun at Gabby’s and since it’s full of Gringos there is always someone new to meet.  I was surprised to find one woman in the shop used to live in Smithers (about 120 miles from us) and another who lived in Hazelton (about 80 miles from us.)  I asked the lady from Hazelton what her last name was because I thought I recognized her voice and she laughed and said “I’m Dutch, we all sound the same!”  Her last name was Beertema and she asked if I knew the Oliarnys’ in Terrace and I said “yes.”  Small world. 

I had to hurry home for cards with the ladies at 1:30….have a walk on the beach…. then happy hour…and off with the ladies for Bingo at the Last Drop!  Dinner…a couple of beers and I even won at Bingo twice.  Exhausting….how do I do it! 

Well…Friday was another quiet day that’s how!   One day busy….one day quiet.  The last couple of days have been spent cleaning up the rig, both inside and out.  Today Eric washed the roof and three sides of the rig and tomorrow before the sun hits the awning side he’ll finish that up.  Nice to get all the salt air and moldy dirt off it and besides it just looks better. 

P1020598

P1020599

I did the fetch and carry thing while Eric washed the roof.  Too bad I had just done the windows…I guess I get to do them again! 

Only about 10 rigs left in the park now and within the next week not many will be left.  Still cold and snowy back home so we don’t expect to be there till the end of April.  Nice and warm here in Mazatlan but the water is still….cold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment