Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2019

This and that

Over the last couple of weeks I haven’t had much to say.  It has become painful to post due to Blogger blocking my draft programs (Open Live Writer) ability to post pictures.  Text uploads fine but photos…no.  I have finally managed to figure out how to do it but it is time consuming.  Briefly…I load my photos onto my computer and put them in a dated and titled file as usual.  I then upload those photos to Google photos and put them in an album.  Next I do my offline blog on Live Writer including the pictures.  Now instead of posting I copy the post and paste it into blogger so I can remove the squares with no photos in them (Google won’t bring them along) and add the photos one by one that were previously uploaded to Google photos.  Did that bore you….well it bores me too!  Why don’t I just do my post on blogger and skip Open Live Writer well….it takes too much data and I only have cell data. 

On another note.   We thought our truck had been repaired but it turns out it was not.  Two weeks ago Eric and I went off to Wal Mart to shop.  The first thing that happened was that the A/C was not working and it had just been fixed.  Rats!   That means another trip back to the A/C shop.  We stopped at Wal Mart, I shopped and came out and after we’d loaded the groceries into the truck Eric turned the key and….the truck with it’s new part wouldn’t start….no way….no how.  Now what?  Well, Eric called Manny because he didn’t have the mechanic’s (Armondo) phone number.  Oddly enough Manny was at the shop and he said he’d come take me and the groceries home and Armondo would try to start the truck.  Meanwhile….our neighbour Fred and his wife Brenda came out of Wal Mart and I asked for a lift home as they were going my way.  I left Eric with the truck and off we went.  Eric called me a little later to say that Armondo couldn’t start the truck and that a tow truck was coming.  The truck was hauled to Armondo’s shop for 450 pesos (about $30 Canadian) and a 50 peso tip.  Manny gave Eric a ride home.  Plus…our 5 gallon water bottles were in the truck as that was to be our next stop.  At least I’d loaded up on beer at Wal Mart!!!

So….over the last two weeks it was decided that the trucks main computer is caput after testing by a technician with the software to diagnose the problem.  These days everything is electronic and you can’t fix anything unless it’s simple.  So now we are waiting for part to come from Guadalahara to the tune of 7000 pesos and that’s cheap. 

Beyond that life goes on.  We have been busy with other matters which I haven’t discussed on the blog but will in the next week or so.  A surprise and hopefully a new direction for our winter life in Mexico. 

Stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, hope everything gets better--you're just having a streak of bad luck. If it's any consolation, what better place for Murphy's Law to kick in than Mazatlan. Fingers crossed for you and Eric.

    ReplyDelete