Translate

Friday, May 2, 2014

My morning “Kelowna” walk.

While we’ve been parked in Ian and Linda’s driveway I have hauled my  butt out of bed every morning and gone for my daily walk.  Ian & Linda live in the Lower Mission Area.  When Ian moved there over 30 years ago he was really in the “boonies” but not anymore. 

Map picture

       IMG_0424

Ian & Linda’s house.  IMG_0425

I head down the street to Welke and out to Gordon drive.  IMG_0426

On the right as I head North on Gordon Drive to Mission Creek it is very rural.  IMG_0427

But…on the left the old farm is gone and now ….condo’s.  IMG_0428

The 100 year old Thomson Farm is on the right or north side of Gordon Drive.

IMG_0430

Lovely and green with a wetland between the farm and the new recreation centre and the H2O Aquatic centre. IMG_0431

Just north of the farm is the new recreation centre.

IMG_0432

That’s the H2O centre just past the Recreation centre. IMG_0433 Room for bicycles, joggers, walkers, skateboarders and you name it. IMG_0434

Now I’m at Mission Creek and off the busy Gordon Drive heading toward Swamp Road where I will cross the creek and head back along the other side of the creek.  IMG_0435

Beautiful. IMG_0436

Heading down to the trail. IMG_0438

To the left as I walk….horses and riding arena’s.  IMG_0440

It’s spring and the creek is rising and ….muddy.IMG_0441

IMG_0442

I meet bicycles.IMG_0443

Joggers.IMG_0444

I am now up to Swamp Road where I cross to the other side of the creek and head back.  IMG_0445

This is Indian Land. 

IMG_0446

Heading back down the trail to Gordon Drive and home. IMG_0447

There is an older lady who lives close by who always decorates this small tree on the trail.  Now it is for “Mother’s Day!”IMG_0448

Joggers with dogs.

It was at this point I noticed a “small lady walking toward me”  and guess who….Linda.   She told me another way to walk and it  included turning around and going back to Swamp Road. South to Kamloops Road which runs right beside the Michael Brook Gold Course.IMG_0450

Michael Brook Golf Course where Linda plays weekly. IMG_0451

Chickens on the right of the golf course.  Linda did say that the Eagles come down and have them for “lunch” ….poor chickens….the rooster looked like he was staying close the chicken coop. Coward!IMG_0452

Michael Brook.

IMG_0453

Michael Brook Club House. IMG_0454

A community Garden in the same area. IMG_0455

Linda and I continued along the walking trail and back out to Gordon Drive and home. 

I’d left at 6:45 and it was now almost 8:30….a longer walk than usual. 

We are leaving this morning so it was now time for coffee, breakfast, a shower and packing up.

We were on the road by 10 am and off to the Brookside RV Park in Cache Creek.  When we get there we will decide about tomorrow’s travel as it looks like the storm that is moving through B.C. may have some snow with it.  No Bueno!

1 comment: