Translate

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Fred & Marion’s surprise visit and Ladies Lunch

On Saturday morning I was getting ready for Ladies lunch.  Isn’t ladies lunch supposed to be on Wednesday?  Well is was but Ruth changed it because she wants to play cards at the Friends restaurant on Wednesdays so we’ll see how it all works out. 
P1000709
Just as I was getting ready I saw a couple of familiar figures walking towards the RV….and then I realized it was Marion and Fred.  What the heck….where did they spring from.   Marion and I had a big hug and said how much we’ve missed each other.  Same for Fred!  Eric came home from his bicycle ride just as they arrived and I got him to take a picture.  For those of you who don’t know them Fred and Marion were in the the Las Jaibas park with all of us until a couple of years ago and all of my older blogs show pictures of them.  They are two of our favorite people! 
P1000710
This picture is a really good one and they both look great.  I told Fred he didn’t look a day over 80 and he just laughed and said “ Not bad for ????”  I will let you guess! The man is a genetic marvel as well as keeping himself in good shape and….being a farmer probably didn’t hurt either.    They are here for two weeks and are staying at the Luna Palace. I had to dash off but we’ll catch up soon.  They’d already spent the morning working their way through the park saying hi to all of their long time RV friends.  
P1000711
So todays pick for lunch was the Fabula restaurant downtown.  We have eaten there before and it was good but today it didn’t turn out to be the best all round experience .   We started off with a nasty red truck ride to get there.   It was an older vehicle that was dirty, had horrible exhaust smell and in the end the driver didn’t really know where he was going and he drove really roughly.   We arrived at the restaurant to find the front section being set up for cards so we were seated in the next section where it was quite dark.  Not very pleasant.   This restaurant is know for it’s huge selection of books which you are free to take but it does give the place an old musty book smell. 
P1000714
Only one waiter on and it took him a while to get our drink and food orders.  Some of us were getting cranky!  Once the drinks showed up we all calmed down and it didn’t take long for the food to arrive.  That’s Connie with….a Connie look!
P1000715
I had trouble with the new camera today which was my fault.  It was quite dark in the restaurant and I’d turned the auto flash off which meant I needed to hold the camera steady while  I was taking photos.  I didn’t and a few of the photos were too blurry to use.  This is one is of a Fabula signature salad… a Linda I think which was very good.  Above the salad you can see zucchini sticks which were also delicious.  There was another salad and shrimp tacos that were also good and I had fish and chips.  The fish inside was tasty but the batter was heavy and greasy and the fries were out of a bag so they were mediocre.  I should have ordered a salad! 
P1000719
Pat had tacos which came with beets in them which was a bit odd.  She said they were good, just not what she expected. 
P1000722
I made a quick dash to the Angela Peralta ticket office just as we were finishing lunch.  By this time it was quarter to two and the box office closes from 2 to 5 and then reopens for a couple of hours.  I was on a mission to get Fred and Marion two tickets to next Sunday’s performance at the Angela Peralta for ….The Messiah.   I was successful and then it was time to hop on a bus and head home.
A decent lunch for most ….just not me.   Better luck next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment