Translate

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Problems

The blog is presently down.  I am not able to publish my blog from Open Live Writer.  I am receiving an error (500.)  I can publish text, but not pictures.  After scanning the net I find I am not the only one that has this problem and no one else has any idea what to do.  In the past I have had errors that I was able to fix but...not this one.  I have copied and pasted the blog draft into blogger but it doesn't take the pictures with it.  I really can't do my blog drafts while I'm on line so I'm not sure what's going to happen at this point.  Sigh. 

4 comments:

  1. I have given up on Live Writer. Our geek friend Paula in Mesa figured it out and tried to talk me through it but no luck. I do everything on Blogger. Do you have Word or the free version, Open Office? You might be able to do your draft there and then copy and paste it with the photos onto Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As this issue just arose over the last couple of days I'm hoping a geek will figure it out. The guess is that Google photos is causing the issue. I have used word but it is too cumbersome. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I have a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, you can open Blogger and copy your Live Writer post to their new post page, upload your photos in Blogger and add them to your post. Publish it in Blogger and you won't have to stop posting while you wait for a fix. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Doug. I did think of that and just did it but it was extremely painful! I had way too many pictures in this post for this kind of a draft. While I wait for a fix I will have to reduce the number of pictures that I include. Today Open Live Writer wouldn't even post the script from this last blog...what the heck!

    ReplyDelete