Translate

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Lucky B’s for Ladies Lunch

Last week there were 5 of us going for lunch and today there was 20!  Linda and Ian walked over from Cerritos resort this morning,  Linda and I will go for lunch and Eric and Ian will go to the Gran Plaza Tel Cel booth and see if they can get Linda’s phone activated.  She unlocked it before she left home and now she can have a Tel Cel Sim card put in it and the cheap Mexican phone plan. 

IMG_8540

All right….all you chachalacas head over to the bus!  It gets pretty loud when 20 women are all talking at once. 

IMG_8541

When we walked over to catch the bus there was a Mexican family with Moms and Dads along with Grammas and little children having a picnic on the meridian.  Aren’t these little girls just adorable.  The Gramma really liked it when I took their picture. 

IMG_8542

Who are these wild and crazy guys?  I don’t know the guy on the left’s name but that is Frank and Dennis standing with him.  Apparently they are waiting for Manny to pick them up and take them to “Beer and beans” which is actually beer and shrimp.  Manny where are you?

IMG_8543

We hopped the Cerritos Juarez bus to head to the Golden Zone.  9 pesos and air conditioned by the open windows!

IMG_8544

That’s Ruth holding up the flowers that she bought for Connie.  It’s Connie’s birthday today and we are filling out a card while we’re on the bus.  Way too bumpy to write and my greeting looked like I was drunk!

IMG_8545

Lovely yellow roses for Connie.

  > Mainmap

We got off at the Panama bakery and walked down Garzas to Avenida Gaviotis where Lucky B’s is.  Really, really busy today with all the Nationals still here holidaying.  It would be even busier if the cruise ship was in port. 

IMG_8547

We were seated at two tables on the top floor of the restaurant.  Ruth wished Connie a happy birthday and gave her the flowers.  Connie wanted to know who snitched about her birthday….come on Connie we all know when your birthday is!  Feliz compleanos!

IMG_8549

Ruth even brought a crown and beads….how thoughtful.  I finally got a decent picture of Connie….doesn’t she look nice.

IMG_8550

Nancy, Sue, Jeannette, and Robyn on the left and Eddie, Karin, Nancy, Helene and Pat on the right.

IMG_8551

Bonnie with her back to us and Claudette, (her friend) Connie and Bev at the end on the right. Linda, Sandi and Marilyn on the left.  At this point the very efficient waiter wrote down all of our names and took our drink orders.  The service here is amazing!

                   IMG_8552

Karin ordered a large shrimp cocktail for lunch.  It wasn’t that large but….the shrimps were!

IMG_8553

After a bunch of blabbing and drinking the food started to arrive.  I managed to get a picture of all the meals but I’m not sure what each one is.  Too many people!

IMG_8554

That’s Helene with her salad.  This is the first time she has joined us for lunch….it’s nice to have her with us.

IMG_8555

IMG_8556

Delicious looking sandwiches with different things in them.

IMG_8557

This one looks like it’s being shared.

IMG_8558

These are Jeannette’s shared onion rings.  I teased her by saying “ that sure looks healthy!”  They look delicious and huge!

IMG_8559

RIGHT HERE WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A TECHNICAL BREAK!

Right about here while creating my blog draft things went south.  I’d downloaded my photos to my pictures file on my laptop and then formatted my SD card which cleared the card and when I looked I was missing about 10 pictures in my pictures file….crap!  Now what?  My first thought was if the FBI and the CIA can find old data on laptops I must be able to find these pictures!  I went on line and asked Mr. Google what to do.   I found a program that said it could retrieve the pictures from the card even though I had formatted it.  I downloaded the program, found the pictures among the 2000 that were still imbedded in the card and then the free trial became $39 American if I actually wanted to download them.   No Gracias!  I removed the program and went looking for a free one.  I found a highly recommended program called Recuva and downloaded that….for free.  It found the pictures and I moved them into the correct file and voila….my blood pressure went down.  How cool is that!  I had read that by formatting the card it was really cleared off….apparently not.  Why I always clear the card is another matter that I’ll talk about some other time.    Onward …..

IMG_8559_1IMG_8560

All the ladies happily eating lunch.  The food was delicious and there were no complaints from anyone.

IMG_8561

I think this is a paradise salad.

IMG_8563

My sister in law Linda and I both order Dorado Marymar.

IMG_8564

Grilled dorado topped with shrimp and served with vegetables and rice.  Absolutely delicious!

IMG_8565

This looks like a chicken salad.

IMG_8566

I think that’s Sandi’s bracelet over top of her salad.

IMG_8567

Looks like Ruth might have the same thing.

IMG_8568

Bev ordered beef Arrachara which is a spicy mexican flank steak.  I did note that there was quite a bit of beef on her plate after we had all eaten. 

IMG_8569

Everyone at our table was happy with their meals …I think.

                    _MG_8571

When we’d finished lunch the little old man who makes marionettes showed up.  He is just the sweetest guy and if I had a small grand child I would have purchased one. 

IMG_8572

We had a peek in the other part of the restaurant where they seat people when it’s full up top.  Nice picture of Linda and Ruth in front of Jimmy Dean etc.

IMG_8573

You can see the extensive mural behind them.  Easy rider, Elvis, Marilyn etc.

So…a really, really good lunch experience.  Good food, a waiter who was attentive but not overbearing and who knew our names by the end of the meal (wow!) and decent prices.  Good any day of the week!

At this point everyone went their own way.  Linda and I wandered off to shop (didn’t buy anything) and I went to leave my watch for repairs but….I had the wrong purse and it was at home…duh!

When we got back to the park the guys were back from “trying” to get Linda’s phone activated.  Turns out that Bell didn’t actually unlock it….crap…more technical difficulties. 

So..I looked up the numbers for Bell in Canada and they were 1-800 or 1-866 and they didn’t work.  Then I asked Mr. Google what number to use from Mexico and got a direct dial number.  I called that on our Mexican phone and I eventually got a person.  Linda gave them all her info including the long number on the back of her Iphone 5S which identifies it and when they checked it was “not unlocked.”  How sad is that.  Good news is they said they would actually unlock it and ….by later that day it was finally done and the Mexican Sim card was working. 

What a day! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh great, now I am worried that tomorrow I will find that Bell did not unlock my phone either.

    Never heard of Dorado Marymar but it looks delicious.

    You were simply brilliant at figuring out how to retrieve the lost photos. So much patience, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem to unlock your phone from Mexico. You just need to be able to call them. I looked the number up on the internet and it worked. Let's just hope it's done already!

    ReplyDelete