Translate

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Pat and Reg’s Vagabond Christmas Eve Party

 

Once again I was out of the loop.  This afternoon Robyn asked what time we were going and I said 2:30 since I thought she meant Christmas dinner tomorrow.   She said “ I thought it started at 4” and I was confused.  She actually meant Pat and Reg’s Christmas eve party with appies which I didn’t know about.  It was on the notice board (which I never look at) and no one had mentioned it so I was unprepared.  In the end I took a few beers, my chair and camera and went for a quick visit.  Eric is going out tomorrow for Christmas and that’s good enough for him.  The only one who was ever successful in getting him to park get togethers was Geri and she and John aren’t here this year.  She would knock on our door and invite us and ….Eric would go!  Miss you Geri! 

IMG_8440

There was a huge circle of chairs around Pat and Reg’s site.  The last time we were all here was last winter’s Canada Day 150th when Marion and Pat put on a potluck party.  Miss you and Fred a whole bunch Marion! 

IMG_8441

A few people that I do know and …..

IMG_8442

lots that I don’t.  The park is the fullest its been since we’ve been coming and there were over 50 people at this gathering.

IMG_8443

That’s one big gathering of people. 

IMG_8444

Pat is welcoming us all and talking about she and Reg’s years of travel to Mazatlan.

IMG_8445

Following Pat’s welcome she asked us all to stand up and say our name and where we are from.  This was because most of us don’t know eachother!  Times are changing in the park and many of our old friends are not here this year and some have gone home for Christmas.  Miss you all…..Dick/Val, John/Geri, Fred/Marion and Ron/Diane who aren’t here this winter.    Those who’ve gone home for Christmas include Carol/Richard, Frank/Sandi, Doug/Cathy and Dennis and Marilyn.  Have a great Christmas with family all of you.  Do I seem a bit nostalgic….well I am!

IMG_8446

Rocky, Roger, Sandy, Amy, Robyn, Jeannette and Stu. 

IMG_8447

There was a huge array of food but since I was unprepared and had dinner prepped I didn’t eat. 

IMG_8448

Pat had the whole thing set up and it looked lovely. 

IMG_8449

 

                   IMG_8450

                    Time to eat!

IMG_8451

This is Anita’s plate of food……looks yummy!

IMG_8452

No one will need dinner after this. 

IMG_8453

This is Pam coming to tell us where her husband Randall is.   Well he was busy trying to get his jalepeno poppers cooked and things weren’t going as planned.  When they showed up I tried one and it was delicious.  Good job Randall!   You have to admire a man who can cook.  I admire Eric because he is a good eater who doesn’t complain and….does the dishes every night.

IMG_8454

I only stayed for an hour and then headed back to the rig.  I hadn’t had a good look at the clearing over on the north side of the park and it’s all quite different now.  Many of our friends who aren’t here this year parked over here so they can now see the new look.

IMG_8455

IMG_8456

Looking to the back of the park.

IMG_8457

This is the old Escondido RV park where lots of people stayed in years past.  Maybe that was an office or clubhouse.

IMG_8458

I think that’s the swimming pool with a derelict fence around it.

IMG_8459

Huge salt cedar on the other side of the fence.

IMG_8460

Out back it’s a wide open look right now.

IMG_8461

Almost home….that’s us back in the corner.  

Time to finish up my shrimp fettucine for dinner and then bed.  I don’t think Santa will come this year!

Merry Christmas all!

1 comment: