Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Edgar and Ana

We are never in a hurry when we leave Santa Ana as we only have 300km of road to travel to Arizona.  We will likely stay in Why at the Hickiwan RV park as we are ready for some quiet.

We always stay at Edgar and Ana’s but it is without a doubt the noisiest place ever!  Barking dogs, running machinery and Jake brakes roaring as trucks travel down the hill out front. 

IMG_3235

People were already saying goodbye to Edgar and Ana at 7am while we were still having coffee!

IMG_3238

Just us left in our usual spot along the bank.  Parking here gives us a view of the town and not someone else’s rig.

IMG_3239

IMG_3240

It was cool this morning and Ana had her toque on!

When I discussed the chili cook off with Edgar I said even though I hadn’t won the main point of it all was to support the orphanage.  He replied “ Thank-you to all of you for helping my people.”  I also told him about Dick and Val’s generous gift of a van to the orphanage and he said “ They must be rich!”  I said no, but they thought it was an important thing to do.  Dick, if you ever stop at Edgar and Ana’s he would like to thank-you for your generous gift to his people.  He also apologized to us all for the bad roads!

I encouraged him to use his cane so he wouldn’t fall and hurt himself like he did last fall.  He said he would try….but I don’t think he will. 

IMG_3242

I’m laughing because I was using a timer to take the photo and I kept mucking it up!

IMG_3247

A fellow who stays in the park took this picture for us.  See Ana leaning into Edgar…the love is evident!  She worries about him constantly now that he has been falling.

I asked Edgar when the park had opened and he said “ You’d better ask Ana….if she ever stops talking!”  Too funny.  The park opened in December of 1985 …..30 years ago in December.  30 years of friendly service to their many, many customers.  Business hasn’t been good over the past six years but has picked up a little this year.  They will continue as long as they can as they feel a responsibility to provide a place for all of us to stay. 

IMG_3248

Edgar is checking to see if it is clear for us to pull out onto the highway.

See you in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment