Translate

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

The blog has been quiet over the last couple of days even though I have been very busy.  I tried to post this morning but I find myself very sad and lonely at this time of year and I just wasn’t up to it.  I am not alone in this as many of the other women in the park are teary at this time as well as we miss our families.  My mind strays to the times when our girls were small and we had a tiny Christmas with just the four of us.  I was sad and lonely for our families far away then as well.  Just the way it is!

On Monday Marilyn and Helene presented Genardo and Raphael our park workers with their Christmas gift that they had collected from all of us.   We like to let them know how much we appreciate their hard work and how well they take care of us while we are here in Mexico.  Needless to say they are very grateful.  They deserve it. 

Tuesday I managed to get my Greek pasta salad made, Wednesday it was the Angel bars and today I was supposed to cook a ham.  Sadly Felipe forgot to buy one so we just had turkey….and lots of it. 

Marilyn and Helene organized the dinner and they did a wonderful job.  Marilyn was worried that we wouldn’t have enough food.  We do provide food for park owner, Felipe and his family and this year Raphael who is new to us brought his wife and three daughters and Genardo comes on his own so we do want to make sure we have enough.  I am happy to report we had more than enough food for everyone and it was all delicious. 

IMG_1799

Marilyn’s decorations look lovely and the food table is set up along with tables for our guests.  IMG_1800

This is the sign up list posted on our bulletin board. 

 IMG_1801

Soon these table will be covered in cloths and loaded with food.  IMG_1802

Looks pretty festive now. 

 IMG_1803

Felipe rides his bicycle checking the park.  Eric tried to tell him his seat is way too low but that’s the way he likes it.

IMG_1806

Helene is setting a place for herself and Hal. IMG_1807

Here comes Jeannette and she’s wearing her Chili cook-of apron. IMG_1808

It is 3 o’clock and we are gathering for an early happy hour.  That’s Hal smiling at me.  IMG_1809

 IMG_1810

Ursula, Max and Gunter….three of our favorite Germans, Regina is somewhere close.  IMG_1811

  Hal and Bill chat.  

IMG_1812

Dennis and Sandi.  I tried to get Dennis to wear my “Red Pointed Setter” T-shirt but he wouldn’t bite.  IMG_1813

Raphael, his wife and three daughters arrive.  Raphael speaks English but his family does not.  The little one is Brittany. 

IMG_1815

They were a little uncomfortable at first but everyone was very welcoming. IMG_1816

Hal and Helene have taken Spanish lessons and have many Mexican friends so Hal was able to communicate with Raphael’s family which is a huge bonus.  IMG_1817

Hal is very charming and the girls were all smiling. IMG_1818

Marilyn thanked Felipe for providing the turkeys for the meal and also welcomed everyone. IMG_1819

Sandi said Grace.

IMG_1821

and then….we ate with our guests going first.  IMG_1822

No danger of going hungry….just look at all of that food. IMG_1823

Desserts with more to come.  IMG_1824

Raphael and his family relaxing.  Brittany is a real little cutie. IMG_1825

This is my meal and you can see I like the turkey on the bone.  Yummy!IMG_1826

Fred’s dinner….very colorful! IMG_1827

It’s 5:30 and we are all full and it’s now getting dark.  Genardo in the back is still eating as he doesn’t start work until 5pm.  He will be here until 8am tomorrow morning.  A long shift. 

IMG_1828

Raphael and his family have departed for home on the bus.  He said it will take them 45 minutes.  I told Raphael’s wife that he is very bueno and that “todo personas mucho gusto.”  She did appreciate my broken Spanish comment and I just wanted her to know how much we like him.  She understood. 

Felipe had music playing quite loudly by now and he wanted us all to stay and party.  IMG_1829

There are a few people left but most of us are tired and head back to our rigs. 

A lovely dinner eaten with good friends. 

Merry Christmas all!

3 comments:

  1. WoW! A great party! How nice. Yes, many people are sad over the holidays - I'm glad you mentioned it Kathy - you are not alone. I'm so glad we have this time with Cassia and are in Mexico but of course we are away from our families and friends in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely day despite the sadness. I was in tears myself after my call to Dad. I was ready to hop on a flight back. You Greek past recipe sounds most interesting. Would love to get the recipe....please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments. After a conversation with our daughter at home and a visit with all our good friends here in the park I did feel much better. Okay to be sad!

    ReplyDelete