Translate

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Getting things done.

It is now Wednesday and we are starting to get things done. 

Monday night was very chilly but it warmed up yesterday and was more than pleasant.  I did a Wal Mart shop for things on my list including Visa Gift cards for grandkids Ava and Shane in Pittsburgh.  When I got to the till I was informed they all had to be run separately for some strange reason.  I was a little concerned that five transactions in a row might be a “red flag” problem for the visa so I used my interact card for two of the purchases.  Didn’t help as the last transaction (third) for the Visa was denied.  Swell!  I used my interact card and went back to the rig to call Visa.  I did get it sorted out and they put a note on my account to allow multiple transactions at the same store at the same time but it was still an irritation.  I think if my credit card was stolen even a dumb crook wouldn’t try to do multiple transactions at a Wal Mart!!

Today Eric was off to fill up my 20lb barbecue propane tank.  $10 here and $25 at home.  We have had trouble with the butane in Mexico so we prefer to fill up in the States.  Two years ago the Mexican butane smelled when I cooked in the rig and the propane heater stunk as well.  When I washed the inside of the rig down when we got home the water was black.  Not good for the rig….or our lungs.  If I need more barbecue butane at least it will be outside. 

Eric has ordered a new front tire for Big Red from Jake Wilson and it will be here by Friday.  Cheap, fast, no tax and no delivery charges!  He is also on a search for two more light truck tires to take with us to Mexico.  We have four light truck and two trailer tires on the rig at this point and even though the Carlisle trailer tires look okay at this point….better safe than sorry.  However….Yuma is not the place for good prices….too many of us Snowbirds here so we’ll see what he can find. 

Today I’ll do the Mexican insurance on line and tomorrow we’ll go down to San Luis Rio Colorado, Mexico on the bike and get our tourist Visas and import our vehicles.  This will make our travel south easier and faster as we won’t have to wait and/or try to figure out where to get our visas.  Things are always changing at the Lukeville crossing and this is easier for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment