Translate

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Why, Az..it’s quiet and it’s our 46th anniversary.

Why, Az is always what we need when we get over the border.  After two days of Mexican roads we are ready to sit somewhere quiet and that is what Why is for.  Okay except for the burros!

I went for my morning walk and it was only 12C which is a lot cooler than it was in Mazatlan but a great temp for a walk. 

Eric and I were both beat this morning and each with our own issues with travel.  The trailer tires are an ongoing issue and Eric has resigned himself to the fact that no matter what he does there will always be problems.  At this point we have two TowMax tires that we bought in Bullhead City separating.  They are not overloaded, they are properly inflated etc. etc. etc.  If you read the trailer tire web sites you will see that they say you can get 6 to 12 thousand miles out of them or 4 years.  We put on 6000 miles a year.  A truck tire is good for 60,ooo miles so there is something wrong with this picture.  We will soldier on!

My Panasonic Lumix  camera that I have taken hundreds (probably thousands) of pictures with continues to give me problems.  Dust inside the camera is again an issue and now it won’t open the lens cover.  I can push it open (won’t stay) and when I shut it off it closes properly.  What to do.  I should have brought my older, bigger Fuji as a back up.  Hindsight!  I may have to buy a small cheap camera to get me by if I can’t find someone to look at it in Yuma.  I must have a camera! 

We were off into Ajo this morning to buy groceries at the IGA and for a small town store it is really well stocked.  I bought what I needed and tonight I cooked us a special anniversary dinner. 

P1060540

Pork shoulder roast with gravy, onions, yams, mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus.  All ingredients bought at the IGA and it was delicious!  Fresh apple turnovers for desert.  Perked us both up! 

It is dark, dead quiet and peaceful. 

Tomorrow we are off to Yuma where it won’t be peaceful but we have things to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment