Translate

Monday, April 28, 2014

Dealing with sad family matters.

On Sunday it was time to head up to my sister Anne’s in West bank.  My niece Adrian (Anne’s daughter) picked me up and we met Anne for lunch and a little shopping.  I had to have a blood test in preparation for my visit with my rheumatologist Dr. Shojania so I decided to have a sleep over at Anne’s as both the Lab and Dr.Shojania are in West bank.  It gave us time to talk about our sister Elisa.  Sad times but there are good memories too.  Anne and I had dinner, played cribbage (she won two out of three games!) and talked.  Our parents have been gone for many years (Mom at 58 and Dad at 69) so we have been orphans for a long time.  We remain close sisters. 

On Monday morning Anne and I wrote Elisa’s obituary and it was hard.  When we got it drafted I called our youngest sister Joy in Vancouver to make sure she had some input.  She wanted to have it placed in the Saturday Sun and the Sunday Province and she also wanted a picture of Elisa when she was young in the ad and that was fine with us.

IMG_0419  

Elisa in her 20’s. IMG_0420

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In her 50’s. 

When we were done with the obituary we were off to Ralph’s house (Elisa’s husband) to help him clean out her clothes.  Hard for all of us but we managed to sort through it all and everything but what we wanted to keep will go to the Kelowna Woman’s Shelter.

We did talk with Ralph about a small memorial service and that will probably take place in Vancouver at our sister Joy’s house.  Elisa has two daughters Carlie and Brianne as well as their father Gilbert and we hope that they will be able to attend.  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment