Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super bowl Sunday! ….and picking up the camera.

First off.  I did get my camera back on Saturday.  I had Felipe (park owner) call to check that it was ready and then I was off downtown to pick it up.  The word after cleaning was….muchos polvo (lots of dust inside.)  The dust apparently gets in around the lens when the camera is open and ready to shoot.  This of course would usually be when we are on the bike whistling along in the wind.  Just a cost of doing business I guess.  Cleaning the camera 250 pesos or about $20….small potatoes. 

P1050719

Walking back down to the Mercado after picking up the camera to catch the bus home.    Picture looks good……no spots.

P1050720

The church…a major downtown land mark. 

P1050721

Home on the Toreo bus.   It takes the scenic route up by the Grand Mall, Mega, Soriano's and then home.  I usually take the Green Bus which goes along the malecon and the Gold Zone but I wanted to check this route out.  All good.

So….back to Super bowl Sunday.   Who was playing?  Well the Seattle Seahawks were playing the Denver Broncos.  Okay…so I didn’t actually know who was playing and I had to look it up on the net but since I’m not a football fan you can understand.  I have a been to Denver (on an orthodontic convention) and to Seattle as well but that’s all, and not to a football game in either city or for that matter…ever….anywhere!    I’d put money in the park football pool which of course requires no skill but I did want to know if I had won anything.  

Frank and Sandy had an appetizer party and some people just ate and some people ate and watched the game and some people did a bit of both.  Eric and I just ate and visited.  

P1050722

The intent football game watchers. 

P1050723

The non football watchers…..eating…having happy hour and socializing.

P1050724

Another table full of delicious food.  Once again everyone brought something and there was a wide array of delicious appetizers.  Amazing how there are few doubles when no one knows who’s bringing what.  I brought phyllo appetizers filled with crab. 

P1050725

Carol and Val have a chat.

P1050727

Millie, Laurie and Blake.

P1050728

That’s Eric asking Sandy if he could see her scar!!!  She just had her gall bladder removed on Thursday.  Big laugh…she declined!   

P1050730

It’s dark now and the game is still on.  There wasn’t much cheering….maybe there weren’t any favorite teams still in the Super Bowl.  I don’t know.   The good news is…I won 300 peso’s which is 100 more that what I put into the pool.   Big winner….$8 !!!!

Final score….43 to 8 for Seattle. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for the camera repair guy. He could not fix mine this year, the lenses was broken but I had already bought a new one. Yesterday Colin left his huge Nikon body and long lenses to be repaired. It will be interesting to see if he can repair it.

    ReplyDelete