Translate

Saturday, December 7, 2013

The rest of the week.

Thursday to Saturday. 

Eric’s scent/chemical allergy has slightly eased off and his foot is marginally better.  We had everything that had a smell boxed up outside in a rubber maid tub and yesterday we managed to get a bar of soap back in the bathroom.  We think the original culprit in all of this was a bar of unscented Dove soap that I bought in Yuma.  It didn’t smell anything like the ones I buy in Canada so maybe it had a different formulation.  We have been able to use Aveen0 fragrance free baby wash and Head and Shoulders (which doesn’t bother Eric but I think stinks!)  He is wearing a pair of Columbia slides that he was wearing for rig slippers and they seem to provide better support for his feet and the plantar fasciitis.  Hope this all gets better for him and for me!  Quite a ride!

We have been to the beach the last couple of days although yesterday was a bit rough for an enjoyable swim.  Still great for sitting in a chair reading.  Eric is riding his bicycle to the beach as it doesn’t bother his feet at all.  It’s a good thing the bicycle is his thing.  I prefer to walk and don’t enjoy the bike at all. 

I am back to walking in the morning and did my last year’s walk (about 50 minutes) yesterday and today.  Feels good. 

Many of our friends have shown up in the last couple of days.  Fred and Marion from Saskatchewan, Connie and Manny from Oregon and Betty and Boomer from Ontario.  Nice to see everyone. 

I played cards (Hand & Foot) with the ladies on Thursday and it was nice to get back in the groove.  Jeanette and Regina whupped Ursula and I but it was a good game.  Regina is a good player and I bugged her unmercifully but she is a good sport and a really nice person.  Fun. 

Today (Saturday) is a bit cooler and windier so it is more pleasant.  I have spaghetti sauce in the crock pot, Eric has gone to get beer on his bicycle and then off to the beach.  I will post some pictures in a day or two. 

All is not well but it is getting better. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    You may want to try EWG.org/skin deep website for info on chemicals in products. I have had similar problems as Eric is having with Dove soaps. It seems they can mix up the bars sometimes. This website will tell you what's in what and give a rating. '0' is good. Take care. Shelley

    ReplyDelete