Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Friday to Sunday

Friday March 8th

Today Manny and I went down to see Dr. Olalde for health check ups.  Manny was driving as he has a small pick up and can wiggle in and out of all the small Mexican streets.  The good thing is that he knows where to go because the Malecon is blocked off for the Triathlon that is taking place over the week end  and we had to take a round about route.   When we arrived at Dr. Olalde’s office for our 11am appt. he wasn’t there yet….no problemo….we just waited.  A few minutes later he arrived  and I went in to have a brief visit.  Dr. Olalde had received a big box of Immunocal that someone had decided not to purchase so I bought it from him.  I had not been able to order it from Immunocal in Canada as they wanted my SIN and I wasn’t prepared to give that to them.  So…I paid the 6270 peso’s (just under $500 Canadian) and then I was off to the lab for a blood test.  I’d decided that if I was going to try the Immunocal I should have a marker so I would know if it was helping.  I was due for a blood test anyway and since I haven’t been feeling all that great since my last drop in prednisone (20mg. to 15mg) I was expecting a poor result.  Next week I will repeat the blood test and see if there is any difference. 

Manny went in to talk about his health problems (seems he might have polymyalgia rheumatica as well.)  He will see a rheumatologist when he gets home. 

Friday PM-

I have already received a copy of my blood test from the lab and an email from Dr. Olalde and guess what….the test results are good!   CRP low…ESR (sed rate) down from 22 to 12 and leucocytes down to high normal.  Good news!  I can’t believe how quick the results are received here in Mexico….in Canada you would wait a lot longer.  As I reduce the prednisone the Temporal Arteritis tries to kick at me so it is a bit of a balancing act. 

 

Sunday March 10th

Today I started the Immunocal as Dr. Olalde prescribed it.  A super dose of two packs three times a day for five days and then two packs twice a day for two months and if it helps a maintenance dose of two packs a day indefinitely.  I am continuing with my 45 minute walk every morning, vitamins (calcium, B’s, multi, CQ10,magnesium,D,Fish oil, low dose aspirin and folic acid, as well as prednisone, blood pressure med and an acid blocker.   You might wonder when I have time to do anything else but take pills!  Well….that’s why the blog hasn’t been as faithful as it should be.  Health comes first and I am determined to beat this thing! 

Weather wise today was a real stinker!!!!   Sunny but there was a really cold wind blowing like a Banshee all day.  It was rocking the rig.  Everyone had their doors closed and were hiding inside.  Where did spring go?

Late today the park was having a wind up dinner (24 people) over at the Torres restaurant across the street.  We opted out….me because of the new meds and Eric because it’s too many people for him.  Not an issue as we’ve all had lots of time together over the winter.  The group that went had a nice dinner and a little dancing and a good time was had by all.  Many people are leaving over the next week so the park is emptying out.  We will leave on the 22nd and start making our way back to the States.

No pictures as I am going to get the camera fixed in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment