Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A trip downtown to Centro for Camera repair.

Wed. Mar. 13th

My camera has been having issue’s with dust either on the lense or the sensor.  After some encouragement from a fellow blogger Croft and some info about where to have it cleaned from another fellow blogger Contessa here in Mazatlan I was off downtown to get it done. 

I hopped on the big green bus to go downtown and I got off on Constitucion just past the Mercado to head down toward the Plaza Machado and the camera shop.  Just west of the Topolo restaurant on the south side of the street I had no problem finding it.   Guess what….no body home but since I knew the owner had been given a heads up by our park owner Felipe I just hung around.  He was there a short while later and it turns out this is actually a Photo Studio. After a short look at the camera (we discussed polvo or dust and sensors and lenses) he said he would clean the whole camera for 250 peso’s or about $20 and it would be ready on Viernes or Friday so all is well.  Contessa and her husband Colin have had camera’s cleaned there and since Colin is a professional photographer this should work out fine. 

At this point I wandered back to the Mercado area (main market) and had a look in shops along the way.  I might also mention this was my first trip downtown by my self on the bus.  Another first!  I am really comfortable here now and everything, streets, people, shops etc.  all seem just like home!  I did try going into the main market to shop for my grandchildren but it is just way too irritating.  You can’t look at anything without being hassled and it is too much for me so….I just left.  I went across the street to Waldo’s (like a dollar store) and picked up some spices ( dried Camaron-shrimp, guajillo-dried chili, and some Chili powder) along with some cheap flower pots so I can leave my plants behind.  I want to keep the pots they are in so this was a cheap option. 

Home on the bus, lunch and then off to the beach.  We have been plagued by really cool weather (not at all like March should be) and sea fog which has made the beach not much fun.  Today we sat in our chairs for awhile and then took a walk.  The bait fish were boiling, so the pelicans were diving and the seagulls were chattering and the fishermen were casting.  If the baitfish are there the Jack Cravelle (tuna like fish) are biting.  The Mexicans like them to eat or use for Ceviche but they aren’t a favorite of the gringo’s.  Eric caught one a couple of years ago and we barbecued it and liked it just fine.  Eric keeps saying he’s going to take his fishing rod to the beach but…..he hasn’t so far! 

We went up to happy hour tonight and had a visit as there weren’t too many people there.  The park will get smaller over the next week as many people are leaving.  Frank/Sandi will leave with Dennis/Marilyn on Friday.  Boomer/Betty will leave with Manny/Connie on Sunday and so on, and so on! 

The back of the park is full of a French Canadian Caravan so things are a bit busier.  

Tomorrow we might even start washing the rig. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you another first!! Glad to hear your test results were good. It is sad when people start to leave. We are staying till April 8th as I really want to see Semena Santa and the hords of people here on the beach on the Isla. This is likely the only time I will be able to doso. Easter is Usually later in April and we have to get home for taxes, personal and business.

    ReplyDelete