Translate

Thursday, December 13, 2012

A good report card!

December 13, 2012

Yesterday was a busy round of medical appointments starting with a bone scan to give me a marker for my bones.  As I have mentioned prednisone eats your bones so it is good to know where you start for bone health.  That result won't come in for a week so I'll call back to Canada for that result.

My appointment with the rheumatologist was good.  My blood tests are all still normal.  I have reduced the prednisone level as per his schedule and will continue to do so..  His check up showed normal pulses and I told him all symptoms were gone at this point except for a bit of chewing problems which may only be my bad (TMJ) jaw joints.  He told me I am doing better than most and some of this is due to the fact that I am being very proactive....e.g. walking, weights, vitamins etc.  Good to know!  Nice to get a gold star on your report card.  


He gave me a treatment plan to follow in Mexico which will include monthly blood tests, visits with the GP - Dr. Olalde whom I saw last winter.  I must be vigilante in paying close attention to any recurring symptoms and I will also monitor my blood pressure and blood sugar.  I was told that this was not medically advisable (I think he just had to say that) but he really was okay with it.  Being close to a major hospital (Sharp) a major airport and having a good GP will make me feel safe enough and added to that is that fact that I can actually afford the medical care in Mexico.  

Sooooo.......long story short.....I am returning to Yuma tomorrow, packing up on Saturday, heading to Why,  AZ just north of the Mexican border on Sunday and then into Mexico on Monday.  First stop Edgar and Anna's park in Santa Ana, then on to the Playa de Cortez hotel and RV park in Guayamas for a few days,  Los Mochis  and then Mazatlan (hopefully before Christmas.) 

A very stressful day yesterday but today everything is good.  I have my giant bag of pills and I'm on my way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment