Translate

Friday, December 2, 2011

Today a little hand and foot.

Friday December 2, 2011

There are enough ladies here now that they have resumed the once a week card game “Hand & Foot”  which is a form of canasta.  I played last winter and enjoyed it.  Hope I remember how!

Eric and Sam have taken a short ride on the bikes up to El Quelite.  Yes, they both have their paperwork in order!  Eric wants to ride here a few times before I join him.  A new, heavier and bigger bike and it is much more nerve wracking riding here.  Ah  Mexico!!

I unpacked the dumb bell weights that I had packed away and got a little work out in while Eric was on his ride with Sam.  Eric thought that they would be too heavy to bring so I did what any other self respecting woman would do…I hid them!  Feels good to exercise the muscles.  Weights along with walking should help to keep us fit. 

Got an email from Croft and Norma http://croftsmexico.blogspot.com/ and they were just leaving Los Mochis.  They stayed in the Pemex south of town and said it was good.  They are on their way to Las Jaibas in Mazatlan where we are presently parked.  Croft did mention that the drop offs on the road from Obregon to Navojoa were as ugly as I had mentioned earlier and that it had been a more nerve wracking drive than usual.  Be careful because if you got a wheel over the edge you would be a goner. 

Friday afternoon.

Played Hand and Foot and guess what it all came back to me.  I had looked up the rules on the net but there were so many variations it was just too confusing.  Fun.

Eric and I took a long walk on the beach up to the Riu and back (about 2 miles each way) and it sure feels good.  Although a bit cloudy today it is still nice and warm. 

When we got back around 5 o’clock Croft & Norma were parked just ahead of us and finishing their set up.  We had a couple of cervezas with them and then left them to get dinner.  They will be tired after their drive as this Mexican road travel does take it out of you.  They will stay for a few days and then head off on their journey farther south. 

No comments:

Post a Comment